What Are You Reading Wednesdays #WAYRW is a weekly feature on It’s A Reading Thing. So i first saw this on Girl Plus Books Blog and since I'm not doing T5W this month i decided to do this instead so to participate all you have to do is answer 3 simple questions....
How to participate:
Grab the book you are currently reading and answer three questions:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a couple of sentences.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
1. The Kings Sister - Anne O'Brien
2. 'And my hair will become silver while i wait to know a mans touch. While i wait for a man who is not one of my family to kiss me with more than affection.'
'When the... the intimacy between a man and woman has been important enough to drive you back to my fathers bed even when you were labelled whore and witch by the monk Walsingham. You could not live without a mans touch. Nor, i think, can I!.'
3. I have thought and dreamed about living in the Middle Ages but then i think back to what a historian said at a talk and it makes me reconsider
"If you’re a young woman, do not go back much before 1920 – it’s really essential that you get political power because unless you get political power, you cannot change the laws which are absolutely stacked against you. And if you’re a fertile woman, don’t go back before 1960 because women die in childbirth.
"If you’re offered the chance to go anywhere at any time in the world, anywhere, go as an immensely wealthy man because being a woman, almost everywhere, almost every time, is a massive disadvantage."
so if i could go back as a man, i would love to live in this world and time but never as a woman.
Until Next Time