Wednesday 20 May 2015

Top 5 Wednesday - Debut Novels - 20th May 2015


So this week I actually had to do some research because i don't know what books are debut novels I don't really pay attention to it so let's get started ...


5. The Queen of the Tearling - Erika Johanson 

This is a YA fantasy novel that was released in 2014 I only read it this month but it was amazing and a great set up for the rest of the trilogy it follows Kelsea who was exiled and in hiding all of her life because she couldn't take the throne till she was 19 and this book follows her journey as she undertakes the task of taking back her country.





This book was amazing and especially as a debut novel it was full of world building and there was no doubt in my mind that Veronica Roth is an amazing writer even if I didn't really like the rest of the series diverge.t was the first ever book I read in one sitting.




I didn't think when I first read this book that it was all that good in fact I really didn't like it but 're reading it last year I absolutely fell in love and realised how well written it was for a debut novel and her writing style I was amazing at how good it was.




Succubus blues is a adult urban fantasy novel about a female sex demon living in Seattle its an amazing book and it was the first adult novel I ever read and you should read it because it is really really good 




I don't think this could have been left out if I tried because this is the epitome of debut novels and what they can do to an author's career this book got a generation reading and started a phenomenon that is still alive and kicked today. I think everybody should read this book at least once just to say you have. 



Top 5 Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey

Here is the goodreads page 

Here is the full list of participants - Wednesday-Ers

           
Until next time
Happy reading 
Peyton


3 comments:

  1. I have heard great things about the Succubus series. May have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I totally agree with City of Bones. It was such a great start to the world of the Shadowhunters. :)

    My Top 5 list is here: http://bit.ly/1JAvEeK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peyton - Wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blogger award. (It's basically a tag, as I just learned - it's not spam, I swear LOL) Here's a link to the post so you can join in if you'd like: http://girlplusbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/beautiful-blogger-award.html 

    ReplyDelete