Wednesday 11 November 2020

Historical Fiction Recommendation's

 This is a genre that I kind of always go back to, it doesn't matter what I read I always gravitate towards a historical book in form or another, so here are 10 books or series that I love....


1 - Outlander - Diana Gabaldon

I found this series in 2017, but i didn't start reading it until 2018, I am still chugging through it, it's a long one but it is so enjoyable and it's easy to lose yourself in this series.


2 - War's of the Roses' Series - Con Iggulden 

This is one of the first series that got me into the War's of the Roses era, it's so fascinating and it's also very well written unlike some i could mention.


3 - Parasol Protectorate - Gail Carriger 

This is a paranormal historical fiction but it is one that I absolutely love, it's set in Victorian London and full of amazingness. 


4 - Game of Thrones - George R.R Martin 

Does this really need explaining. 


5 - Devil's Consort - Anne O'Brien

This is a book about Eleanor of Aquitaine, it's so good, all of her books are but this the first i read from this author and it stuck with me. 

 

6 - Poldark - Winston Graham 

This is a series set in 18th Century Cornwall in England and it is full of intrigue and if you have watched the BBC series then this is a must read. 


7 - The Confession of Catherine Howard - Suzannah Dunn

I was around 14 or 15 when i read this book but it has stuck with me, it tells the story of the Catherine we know the least about, it is very good, and i highly recommend it. 


8 - To Defy a King - Elizabeth Chadwick 

This is another book that i loved, when i first read it, this is about the daughter of William Marshal one of the best Knight's in English history, but it's full of drama and it's just a very well written book. 


9 - Six Queens Series - Alison Weir

Sometimes i feel that the Six queens are overdone, but this series puts a new spin on them that no one else has thought of, and for that it is the most superior of Tudor fiction. 


10 - Diary of Anne Frank - Anne Frank 

I Feel that this is a must read for anyone, it is real and these events actually happened, i personally think that everyone should read this book to understand the history of what was going on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment