Saturday 19 December 2015

The Best Goodbye - Abbi Glines


Title - The Best Goodbye
Series - Rosemary Beach #12
Author - Abbi Glines
ISBN - 978-1-4711-4469-1
My Copy - Purchased
Where You Can Find It - Goodreads - Waterstones - Barnes & Noble - Book Depository - Amazon UK - Amazon US


The Best Goodbye follow two characters we haven't really met before Captain who we know a little about then Rose who we have never met before.
Rose is a single mother who reminds Captain of his only ever love Addy, the girl who is the reason he got tangled with DeCarlo and but Addy is dead and Rose will never replace her. 
As Rose and Captain get closer secrets from both of there pasts come to light will they ever find the happiness that they deserve or will it all go down in flames.


The Best Goodbye wasn't my favourite in the series but like all the other books it was extremely enjoyable, I'm also pretty sure it's the shortest as well. 
Captain was a good male character, the struggles he has gone through in his life, and the relationship he has built with Blaire it just had me smiling, my only problem with Captain's character was that we didn't get a father/son moment between Captain and his dad I kept expecting it to happen and it didn't, and the casual sex with Elle was just strange, I changed my mind I was going to say we have never seen that before but then I remembered Rush and the girl on the porch. 
Rose on the other hand is practically his opposite she is a single mother who is looking for the boy she loved when she was 16 but she doubts she will ever find him, it was fun to read a character with a child that was a bit older rather than a toddler. 

Overall I wish it was a bit longer and there was more Captain side of the family bonding but I did still like it very much now with Rosemary Beach series ending next June Abbi Glines just released the cover for the final book and from the small amount of information we get in The Best Goodbye we know it's going to be drama filled so I will not be reviewing a Abbi Glines book till next year first with Deans Novella then Up in Flames Nans Story.


Until Next Time
Happy Reading


No comments:

Post a Comment