Monday 25 January 2016

Author Appreciation -- Ally Carter

Ally Carter


Full Name - Sarah Leigh Fogleman 
Pen Name - Ally Carter
Date of Birth - 1st January 1974
Birthplace - Oklahoma US
Genre - Chick-Lit / Young Adult
WebsiteX 
TwitterOfficiallyAlly
Facebooktheallycarter
Instagramtheallycarter
Goodreads - X
Wikipedia - X


Info
(from her own blog, since personally if the person has done it already you are never going to get better then the persons own telling) 

I was born and raised in Oklahoma.  My mother was a teacher and my father a farmer and rancher.  I have one older sister.
In high school, I was very active in a number of student organisations and graduated as co-valedictorian of my senior class.  I then attended Oklahoma State University and Cornell University and worked for several years in the agricultural industry before writing full-time.
My first novel, Cheating at Solitaire (Berkley) was published in 2005.  The following year I published the sequel to Solitaire, Learning to Play Gin.  There are no more plans for future books in that series at this time.
My first novel for young adults, I’d Tell You I Love You but Then I’d Have to Kill You was published by Disney-Hyperion in April 2006.  Love You Kill You (as we call it) was followed by Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (October 2007), Don’t Judge a Girl By Her Cover (June 2009), Only the Good Spy Young (June 2010), Out of Sight, Out of Time (March 2012).  United We Spy (September 2013) is the sixth–and final–Gallagher Girls novel.
I am also the author of Heist Society (February 2010) and its sequels Uncommon Criminals (June 2011), and Perfect Scoundrels (February 2013).
In January 2013 I published the cross-over novella Double-Crossed that features characters from both the Gallagher Girls and Heist Society. It is available for free at spiesandthieves.com and wherever ebooks are sold.
ALL FALL DOWN is the first book in my new Embassy Row series. It was published on January 20, 2015 and will launch a new three-book series with Scholastic.
My books have been published in more than twenty countries and have appeared on best-seller lists from the New York Times, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, Barnes and Noble, IndieBound, and Bookscan. They have sold over two million copies in the United States.
I am one of the luckiest people in the world, and today, I’m able to do the job I wanted to do when I was a kid, and I am back living in Oklahoma.


 Published Books

Gallagher Girls 

I'd Tell You I Love You, But I'd Have To Kill You
Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy
Don't Judge A Girl by Her Cover
Only The Good Spy Young
Out of Sight, Out of Time
United We Spy

Heist Society

Heist Society
Uncommon Criminals
Perfect Scoundrels

Embassy Row

All Fall Down
See How They Run


Why I Love This Author

Carter's Books are so addicting and she writes such strong female heroines. Cammi, Kat and Grace are all role models in their own way they also have weaknesses that make them human not to mention they don't rely on the men in their life they kick-ass

The way Carter writes her books will have you smiling, laughing, crying, gasping and it will have you coming back for more and more. 

Ally is so interactive with her fans on social media and is such a nice person. A lot of people stop reading the Gallagher Girl series after the first book but i can promise you the series gets 100 times better after that and the same with the other series she has written as well. 


Current Reviews

All Fall Down 
See How They Run


Until Next Time
Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment